Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Beginning.......

Well, I should probably start from the beginning. I was born in 1882, in Nyack, New York. I had a loving family, who supported my artistic wants and encouraged me to use my skills and create a life with art. I knew very early on that I wanted to be involved with the artistic world, because expressing myself through paintings was all I wanted to do. When I graduated high school, I continued on with this artistic path, by attending a school of illustration in NYC. I learned the skills of an illustrator but, I wanted to start something else. So, soon later I went to the New York School of Art, which is where I started to develop into an American painter. Some of my friends and I went on to study abroad in Europe. After going to Paris for the first time, we just kept on coming back because there was so much, like I mean so much. The architecture, the views, the environment, and the people always caught my eye. After traveling abroad for a couple of years, I came back to New York and continued created art in a studio, and my pieces were then showed through many different exhibits. I had definitely made progress as an artist, realizing that it was a very unpredictable life. You not only have to please yourself, but also your audience. With that being said, I started to widen my range of artwork, like more than just oil painting. In addition to painting, I also reevaluated my sketching skills and became a pro at etching. Being a little more realistic about my range of artwork really gave me a new perspective on life of an artist. After these many years of first declaring myself as an artist, I then transitioned myself into a new part of my life............New England.
"Notre Dame de Paris"

"Paris Street"

"Le Bistro"


No comments:

Post a Comment