Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Ambiguity of Art

When art critics started to begin speaking about my work, they not only judged what was created but people were also highlighting my good and bad times of my career. They spoke and still do speak highly about my hard work and devotion to my artwork. They really spoke especially about each step that I took to have this amazing and successful career. My art isn't displayed in the Whitney Museum, or the Metropolitan Museum of Art, or even the Museum of Modern Art just because one random day I decided to paint on a canvas and make a career out of it. I had to go to school, master my skills, and really make a name for myself. Each and every artist sees and/or views the world differently and uses all of these different mediums to create a sense of expression of the world. Many critics say that my art can display loneliness just because its a painting of a solo figure sitting in a room. But, thats necessarily what I was going for. Don't people just sit by themselves and just look out at something and wonder? I wanted to display scenes of life, and people are constantly sitting thinking about something. But, then again, art gives you that power of creating your own individual view on any piece of art. So, I leave others to think what they want to think about each piece. Take what you want from it and develop your own story. That is what makes art so ambiguous. This can be a good or bad thing. A figure, person, place, or color can have a deeper connection to one person, but not the other. Its all about the viewing experience.

"Summertime"

No comments:

Post a Comment